Advanced Technologies - SharePoint 2016 Courses in Cape Town
About the course
This five-day course in Cape Town, will teach you how to plan, configure, and manage the advanced features in a SharePoint 2016 environment. The special areas of focus for this course include implementing high availability, disaster recovery, service application architecture, and Microsoft Business Connectivity Services. This course from 2KO South Africa, also focuses on social computing features, productivity, and collaboration platforms and features. Students also will learn about business intelligence solutions, Enterprise Content Management, web content management infrastructure, solutions, and apps. This course also covers how to develop and implement a governance plan, and how to perform an upgrade or a migration to SharePoint 2016.
This is the second in a sequence of two courses for IT Professionals and is aligned with the SharePoint 2016 IT Pro certification.. 2KO offers a suite of IT services, IT consulting and training programs in business and IT. Our computer training is available to students worldwide either as full-time classes, or as online e-learning, enabling 2KO students the opportunity to study courses online world-wide, to ensure students have access to the best training possible. Students who do this course may also like Planning and Administering SharePoint 2016.
Who should do this course?
The course is targeted at experienced IT professionals who are interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy, and manage SharePoint 2016 installations either in a data center or in the cloud. Students typically have more than one year of hands-on experience with planning and maintaining SharePoint and two years' experience with other core technologies on which SharePoint depends, including Windows Server 2012 R2 or later, Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or later, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), and networking infrastructure services.
The minimally qualified candidate typically:
Is Has a working knowledge of, and preferably hands-on experience, with Microsoft SharePoint Online.
Has broad familiarity with SharePoint Server workloads.
Has experience with business continuity management, including data backup, restoration, and high availability.
Has experience with authentication and security technologies.
Has experience with Windows PowerShell.
Planning and Administering SharePoint 2016
this course, students will be able to:
Describe the core SharePoint 2016 architecture and its new and improved features.
Describe the key hybrid features in SharePoint 2016.
Plan and design a SharePoint 2016 environment to meet requirements for high availability and disaster recovery.
Plan and implement Business Connectivity Services and Secure Store Service.
Configure and manage productivity services for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
Manage solutions in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
Plan and configure social computing features.
Plan and configure web content management for an Internet-facing environment.
Plan and configure Enterprise Content Management in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
Plan and configure business intelligence solutions.
Plan and configure work management, productivity, and collaboration platforms and features.
Perform an upgrade or migration to SharePoint 2016.
Introduction to SharePoint 2016
This module describes the core architectural components of a SharePoint Server environment, and also helps to identify the new depreciated and removed features in SharePoint 2016.
Core components of the SharePoint 2016 architecture
New, deprecated, and removed features in SharePoint 2016
SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online editions
Lab : Reviewing the core Microsoft SharePoint 2016 concepts
- Configuring SharePoint 2016 farms
- Creating and configuring site collections and sites
- Provisioning service applications by using the SharePoint 2016 Management Shell
Introduction to hybrid scenarios for SharePoint 2016
his module describes the key hybrid features in SharePoint 2016, and helps you to prepare for a hybrid SharePoint 2016 deployment.
- Exploring the hybrid features in SharePoint 2016
- Preparing for a hybrid SharePoint 2016 deployment
Lab : Configuring an Office 365 tenant
- Creating an Office 365 tenant
Lab : Creating hybrid team sites
- Preparing the SharePoint environment
- Running the SharePoint Hybrid picker
Designing business continuity management strategies
This module explains how to select an appropriate database server configuration to meet availability requirements. It also describes how to design a physical architecture and infrastructure to meet high-availability requirements. Finally, this module explains how to develop and implement a backup and restore strategy.
- Designing database topologies for high availability and disaster recovery
- Designing a SharePoint infrastructure for high availability
- Planning for disaster recovery
Lab : Planning and performing backup and restore
- Create a backup and restore plan
- Test the backup and restore process
Planning and implementing Business Connectivity Services and Secure Store Service
This module explains how to configure Business Connectivity Services (BCS), and describes how to configure and manage the Secure Store Service application. It also explains how you can configure and manage BCS models.
- Planning and configuring BCS
- Configuring the Secure Store Service
- Managing BCS models
Lab : Configuring BCS and the Secure Store Service
- Configuring the BDC Service Application
- Configuring the Secure Store Service
- Configuring a Secure Store Service target application
- Importing and configuring BDC models
Configuring productivity services for a SharePoint 2016 deployment
This module describes SharePoint Add-in architecture. This module also explains how to provision and manage SharePoint apps and App Catalogs. Additionally, this module describes how to provision Microsoft Access Services, Visio Services, Word Automation Services, PowerPoint Automation Services, and SharePoint Translation Services.
- Understanding the SharePoint Add-in architecture
- Provisioning and managing apps and App Catalogs
- Provisioning productivity services
Lab : Configuring and managing SharePoint Add-ins
- Configuring a SharePoint farm to support apps
- Creating and configuring a corporate App Catalog
- Deploying and monitoring apps
Managing solutions in Microsoft SharePoint 2016
This module describes the purpose and structure of SharePoint 2016 features and solutions. In addition, it explains how to manage sandbox solutions in Microsoft SharePoint 2016.
- Understanding the SharePoint 2016 solution architecture
- Managing sandboxed solutions
- Configuring a SharePoint farm to support sandboxed solutions
- Configuring a SharePoint site to support sandboxed solutions
- Deploying farm solutions
This module explains how to manage user profiles and how to plan and configure My Site and social features. This module also describes how to configure community sites.
- Managing user profiles
- Enabling social interaction
- Building communities
Lab : Configuring profile synchronization and My Sites
- Configuring profile synchronization
- Configuring My Sites
- Creating a community site infrastructure
- Configuring Community Site participation
Planning and configuring web content management.
This module explains how to plan and configure a web content management infrastructure to meet business requirements. This module also describes how to configure managed navigation and product catalog sites, and how to configure support for multilingual sites. Additionally, it explains and how to plan and manage design and customization for publishing sites, and how to plan and configure support for mobile users.
- Planning and implementing a web content management infrastructure
- Configuring managed navigation and catalog sites
- Supporting multiple languages and locales
- Enabling design and customization
- Supporting mobile users
Lab : Configuring managed navigation and catalog sites
- Configuring a product catalog site
- Configuring Cross-Site Publishing
- Configuring publishing sites
- Configuring device channels
Planning and configuring Enterprise Content Management
This module explains how to plan for management of content and documents, and how to plan for and configure eDiscovery. Additionally, it describes how to plan for records management and compliance.
- Planning Enterprise Content Management
- Planning and configuring eDiscovery
- Planning records management
Lab : Configuring eDiscovery in SharePoint 2016
- Creating and configuring an eDiscovery Center
- Discovering and preserving content
- Querying and exporting content
- Configuring in-place records management
Planning and configuring business intelligence solutions
This module explains how to plan business intelligence (BI) architecture for SharePoint 2016, and how to deploy and manage BI services. Additionally, this module explains how to plan and configure advanced analysis tools.
- Planning BI architecture
- Planning, deploying, and managing BI services
- Planning and configuring advanced analysis tools
Lab : Installing Office Online Server
- Deploy Office Online Server
- Configuring PowerPivot for SharePoint 2016
- Configuring Power View for SharePoint
Planning and configuring productivity and collaboration
This module explains how to plan and configure productivity and collaboration features. This module also explains how to plan and configure composite solutions in SharePoint 2016.
- Planning and configuring collaboration features
- Planning and configuring composites
Lab : Configuring and working with project sites
- Creating an Office Online Server farm and configuring integration in SharePoint 2016
- Creating project sites
- Configuring project sites
- Engaging project teams
- Configuring Project Server integration
- Configuring Microsoft Azure Workflow and Microsoft SharePoint Workflow Services
- Creating and testing a workflow
Upgrading and migrating to SharePoint 2016
This module explains how to prepare for upgrade or migration to SharePoint 2016. In addition, it explains how to manage site collections are how to upgrade them to SharePoint 2016. Finally, the module describes how to upgrade advanced content from SharePoint Server 2013 to SharePoint 2016.
- Preparing for an upgrade or migration
- Upgrade to SharePoint 2016
- Planning and managing a site-collection upgrade
Lab : Performing a content database migration and upgrade from Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
- Migrating SharePoint Server 2013 Managed Metadata Service
- Upgrading a SharePoint Server 2013 content database
- Preparing site collections for upgrade
- Upgrading site collections