About this Course
Adobe Illustrator is a vector-based graphics program that allows you to create professional quality print, type effects and web designs. This course is designed to teach delegates how to produce good-looking, high quality graphics such as logos and advertisements that include type and graphics. Delegates will create professional looking logos, professional type effects and convert bitmaps to vector artworks through the use of colours, gradients, layers, fonts, and photos with illustrations and text effects.
2KO International offers instructor led computer courses in Africa, and also provides internationally-acclaimed online IT training over the internet, enabling 2KO customers the
opportunity to study courses online world-wide, to ensure the best
Graphic designers or people transitioning into a design job or with design responsibilities.
At the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
• understand Bezier curves, create a logo using simple shapes, enhance logos/images, create logos using custom paths, use layers to manage complex illustrations, create type effects and prepare Illustrator files for print and use on web sites.
2. How Illustrator Works
• Vectors v Bitmaps
• Components for Images
• Text, Shapes & Colour
• Using the shape tools
• Drawing with the line tools
• Transforming tools
• The ‘warp tool’ flyout
• Symbols in Illustrator
• Creating a logo
• Drawing a tin can
• Drawing a spoked wheel
• Selecting, Copying and Moving
• Rotating and Skewing Objects
• Align, group and duplicate Objects
• Hiding and Locking
• Special Effects
• Drawing Tools – e.g. rectangle, ellipse,
• Fills and Colours
• Drawing curves
• The Average and Join commands
• Eraser tool
• Basic Colours & Stroke palette
• Types of Colour; Colour modes
• Spot v Process colours
• Gradient and Patterns
• Dragging colour
• Understanding & using ‘stroke’
and ‘fill’ attributes
• Using Swatches
• Use the Paint Bucket tool
• Creating Text objects
• Artistic and Paragraph text
• Colouring and Filling text
• Adding ‘point’ type
• Adding ‘area’ type
• Adding type to a vector path
• Creating type outlines
• Placing Text Around Objects
• Linking Paragraphs
• Type Effects
• Find & replace & Spellcheck
7. Lasso select
• Using Align and Distribute
• Using ‘group’ and ‘duplicate’
• Hiding and locking layer objects
• Using ‘isolation mode’
• Compound paths
• Clipping masks
8. Working with Paths
• Creating & Editing Paths
• Pen Tool
Draw straight lines
Draw continuous curves
• Convert smooth points into corner
• Convert points in an existing object
• Move an anchor point or a line
• Shaping a curve
• Converting an anchor point
• Pinch a curve inward
• Add, adjust, delete points
• Bezier curves
9. Printing & Saving
• The Print Dialog & Printing
• Defining a crop area
• Saving in non-Vector formats
• Save for Web
10. Using Brushes
• Draw with the Paintbrush tool
• Add/remove a brushstroke to an existing path
• Convert a brushstroke to outlined paths
• Creating and modifying brushes
• Edit a scatter, art or pattern brush
• Create a new brush library
• Fill an object with a gradient
• Create/edit gradient
• Use the Gradient tool
• Creating and editing Gradient meshes
12. Transforming Objects
• Rotate, Scale or shear
• Flip and slant
• The bounding box
• Use the Free Transform tool
• Creating and Editing layers
• The layers Palette
• Create a sublayer
• Hide and Lock
14. Using and Editing effects
• Remove layer effects
• Apply a Convert to Shape effect
• Live shapes with text
• Inner/Outer Glow & Add Arrowheads
15. Using LiveTrace
• Automatically trace artwork
• Converting objects
• Scribble or tweak
• Rough up a shape
• Twirling path points
• Punk or bloat an object
• Raster filters
• Pen and Ink filter
Frequently Asked Questions Where do you train for the course?
We train our courses at our Greenpoint training centre in Cape Town, South Africa.
What other branches do you have in SA or in the world?
We only train in Cape Town.
What books do I get with this course?
You will receive a course text book which you can take away with you to keep after the course.
What are the dates for the course?
See our schedule page: http://www.i2ko.com/Schedule_All.html
Does the price include the official exam?
No, the exam is not included in the price. Exam prices vary from centre to centre
Is there life labs?
No, the course is run on simulators
How to enroll for the course
• Before enrolling for the course you should have the following information ready:
• Date you wish to attend the course
• Payment method – how you will be paying
• An understanding of the costs of the total package
• You can call us on our office number (see our web site contact page on www.i2ko.com) and request a booking telephonically
• You can book by email – simply send us an email with your name, the date and how you would like to pay. We will send you an invoice and upon payment your place is secure
•Request a credit card payment. We do accept credit card payments.
•The exam is a multiple test, on computer at an authorised testy centre. The results are made known immediately. If you fail the test, you must book it again at a future date and will pay again.
How much does the course cost?
The course fee is quoted in the currency of your country. Please contact us for the latest prices and special offers. The exam fees are not included in the course fee unless specifically stated.
If you are from out of town, we can arrange accommodation close to our centre. Accommodation rates vary depending on the time of year.
Included in your course fees:
• Tuition fees
• Breakfast daily at the training centre (where applicable)
• Teas and coffees
• Lunches daily